CHOUETTE is an open source software mainly financed by the French Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transport and Housing (MEDDTL). Its main purpose is to capture and exchange data, describing the scheduled timetables of public transport networks, in accordance with a standard exchange formats and profiles (NeTEx, NEPTUNE and GTFS). CHOUETTE is complemented by IRYS for SIRI based real-time information.
This software is particularly addressing Transport management Authorities, public transport Operators and their contractors, in order to facilitate the implementation of multimodal traveller information systems, and is also dedicated to engineering consulting and industrial firms, as well as researchers, so as they can integrate it in their own applications.
This website and the Chouette software are maintained by means of a contract of maintenance and support of the public transport data standard related tools, signed by the CERTU (Centre for Studies on Urban Planning, Transportation and Public Facilities) and transferred to AFIMB (French Agency for Multimodal Information and Ticketing), with the technical assistance of CETE Méditerranée.
On this website, you will find :
- a general presentation of this software in the specific context of standardization of public transport information, as well as other support documentation,
- a presentation of the exchange profile NEPTUNE, GTFS ecxhanges and the new (under implementation) NeTEx profiles,
- a presentation of the data validation tools, and examples of data set,
- a presentation of the data conversion tools (from any supported format to any other one),
- a presentation of the Chouette software allowing you to access all useful information (documentation, source code, virtual machine…),
- the possibility to access to a demonstration version of the software, and a SaaS to open your account allowing you to enter and exchange your data, to access to the documentation and to the sources of the software, and to the validation tools of your information data,
- a presentation of the exchange profile SIRI for real-time information, and an access to the SIRI demonstrator,
- the possibility to ask technical or general questions and to express your opinion about forthcoming evolutions of the software.
Presentation of Chouette
– as a command line (shell)
This unofficial website is describing (in French only) standardisation activities relating to public transport data and information, and makes available latest available materials on standards such as Transmodel, IFOPT, NEPTUNE SIRI, et NeTEx.
This website, launched in June 2011, has been developed by the CERTU, CETE Méditerranée and their contractors. Its contents will be improved progressively.